A Slow Meander Through Life

Monday, January 23, 2006

Resolution Update

My resolutions are progressing steadily.

My first was to lose weight. We are only twenty-three days into the year, and whilst the weight isn't falling off, I am exercising loads. The gym is now a regular occurence and I'm feeling a lot better. I've started drinking gin instead of beer to help with this. I feel less bloated at the end of the night, but I struggle to walk. A minor problem.

The second was to stop eating meat. This hasn't been as successful, and I need to try and push this one more. It's just laziness when there isn't much to eat, and the fact that RoadChef's offering of vegetarian sandwiches is basically rubbish.

The third is going quite well. I've started to take recycleable rubbish out of the bin and put it in to the recycling box, and I constructed the start of our compost heap on Sunday. I have to say that it was an awesome bit of DIY, and I amazed even myself with the way it all fitted together. Currently in there are some leaves (not too many), some branches fromt the bushes we chopped down and five teabags. I'm not holding my breath.

I joined the Lincoln Freecycle group, and quickly became a moderator on it only to find that the owner was forced to step down and set up his own local freecycle website. It seems that Freecycle.org are a little on the corporate side and are pushing for pretty much world domination. That wasn't quite what I had hoped for, so I've followed the owner to his new site and it all seems to be progressing nicely. I have yet to give nor receive, but I am hoping that I shall be able to do my bit soon enough.

Anyway, I'm off to recover from my training for the Lincoln 10km Race. I fear it's going to kill me.

technorati tags: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home