A Slow Meander Through Life

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Good Health

I enjoyed a night out last night in Market Rasen (population 3000ish). I joined my old colleagues from work for the maths department christmas dinner, held at a local Indian restaurant. It was a great meal, made by the fact that the company was fantastic. It was an evening where location was irrelevant as the conversation would have overshadowed the worst of locations.

We went to a pub called the Gordon Arms. The idea was initally suggested as a joke, but we went through the revolving doors and had a wonderful time, chatting away for the rest of the evening. You need to be practically dead to be in the Gordon, so I think we brought a little life into it for the evening. I also saw a couple of lads who used to go to the school. I never taught them but my friend did and these two were right little buggers. Last night I had the most fantastic conversation with them about work, life, women and anything else we could think of. It's always nice to see that kids are only idiots while they're kids. Some fail to make the transition from idiot to human, but these two clearly have. It's very reassuring.

The best part of last night was seeing my ex head of department looking well. He had been off work with depression, having bottled up years and years of bad days and quite simply working too hard. Now he has a new attitude to life and him and his wife look so happy together, something that hasn't been seen for a while. He's a very good advert for saying what you think at the end of a hard days work.

It's christmas market this weekend in Lincoln so traffic is awful. I'm off out later for a meal up at the top of town so I'll have to fight my way through the crowds and avoid the oneway system. The market is good, but it's identical every year, so once you've done it you don't need to do it again.

technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home