A Slow Meander Through Life

Monday, August 01, 2005

A Measly Two Pounds

As you can see from the fitness campaign, it's a slow start. The plan this week, then, is to knock of 2 pounds (about 1 kg). By the end of the week I aim to be two bags of sugar lighter than now. Sounds a lot lighter to me! Fingers crossed then.

My weekend was entertaing with a mix of the usual. I ended up chatting on the internet 'til very late on Friday, but I drank 5 cans of lager by myself in the house. Not good - my dad would kill me if he knew. Drinking by yourself in the evening is not a good thing in his book, and I agree. However, those with whom I was chatting were drinking, so I wasn't entirely alone.

Saturday was very entertaining. I went out to see a band that Wayne's friend plays in. They are called Among the Missing and can be found here. Now, this isn't my type of music at all, but it was truly spectacular. I didn't understand a word that was sang (shouted/screamed etc.) but then when I spoke to the bass player afterwards (Wayne's friend) he said that he didn't know either. So I didn't feel so bad after that.
The whole thing was one huge spectacle, like a road accident that you had to watch, even if it wasn't your thing. Great fun.

I have some work at Homebase next week which is fantastic. Perhaps losing VB won't be so bad after all, as there is someone down there...

1 Comments:

  • ohhhhh! a new chick in the supermarket? juicy news dude! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home