A Slow Meander Through Life

Friday, June 09, 2006

It's Started...

So here we go, here we go, here we go. Yey. The World Cup has started and the whole place has gone mad. My friends' school is being 'Ofsteded' next week, so my birthday celebrations (yes, 29 today) have gone to pot. I'm not complaining but the truth, as always, is that I really can't be bothered spending what is going to be a great day tomorrow drinking and watching football. The first hint of any idiot English-like behaviour and I'm going home.

On a lighter note though, I went to Faldingworth's annual scarecrow festival today. It was actually quite entertaining!

2 Comments:

  • So does that mean "Day of Dan" did not happen? How was your birthday spent?
    Please translate into Australian what 'Ofsteded'means?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:04 am  

  • The Day of Dan happened! I'll write about it later...

    As for Ofsteded: OFSTED is the Office for Standards in Education and they inspect the schools. Ofsteded is the made up word that says that they've come to visit! It's basically bad news, as they inspect all the teaching and want to see all the lesson plans and stuff.

    By Blogger Dan, at 10:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home