A Slow Meander Through Life

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Service Station Sales

I've returned to work in the service stations, and I'm sat here staring at something that is beginning to completely bewilder me.
Around the restaurant seating area, the following products are for sale: a tent for a child; picnic rugs; hamper baskets; stilts; swingball; a canopy for the boot of your car; telescopic chairs; a walking dinosaur; a portable TV; various radio control toys.
Who buys these things? Who walks into a motorway service station and buys swingball? It really is fascinating.
I've noticed at RoadChef that the deployment of staff is clearly planned. I guarantee that the most attractive members of staff will work on Costa Coffee. This would lead to me to wonder why I'm not sat there right now.
I like them though (the service stations, that is). Apart from the fact that from where I live I never go past one, I'll stop at a RoadChef if I can.
I'm writing about service stations. Somebody shoot me.

**Update***

An elderly gentleman has just eyed up the dinosaur, but his wife said no. He felt that it would have been good for the grandson.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home