A Slow Meander Through Life

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Busted!

I'm quite excited, but annoyed and concerned at the same time, by my first ever experience of being on the wrong side of the law.

Yes, 'goody two shoes Daniel' has been caught speeding. 10 years of driving both cars and motorbikes, blasting around our fair isle, and I've been nicked for speeding out of Birmingham city centre at ten minutes past midnight on a Thursday morning. I arrived home yesterday to find a Notice of Intended Prosecution, so all I have to do at the moment is confirm that I was driving the car. We've tried to come up with stories to the contrary, but it's simply not working.

I knew that it happened, because I saw the two lovely big flashes as I went past the camera, but thinking that I had been caught doing about 44mph in a 40mph speed limit, it appears that I was doing 41 in a 30. This worries me because it is significantly comparatively faster than I thought it would be.

Obviously, like any low life criminal, I'm feeling bitter and hard done by. I drove so sensibly and well coming out of Birmingham and feel that a 'real' policeman would have been very understanding, having seen how I behaved. I'm also sure that I couldn't have been in a 30mph speed limit, which makes me wonder if I've been nicked in the place I thought I'd been nicked in.

Anyway, I'll look forward to receiving the pictures of the car so that I can exactly calculate how fast I was going, and I may have to pop back to Birmingham simply because I can't quite work out where exactly they mean in the letter. That'll be the detective in me coming out.

Realistically I've been lucky not to have been caught before, so I'm approaching this calmly and with an open mind. I think what amuses me most is that I was caught in my super-slow Astra, and not on the bike!

technorati tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home