A Slow Meander Through Life

Friday, December 09, 2005

Why I'd rather be a bad driver

I completed my Institute of Advanced Motorists test years ago, and for a time was reasonably involved in the group where I lived. It always seemed a bit boring though, and not enough to do with driving, so every time I've moved, I've always searched out the local group to see what they have to offer.
I've been in Lincoln for about 4 years now, and whilst I'm a member of the group, I still fail to attend meetings and involve myself. Why? It's very simple. Let me quote from the December newsletter that has landed on the hall floor today.
'At the October meeting, in the absence of the scheduled speaker, I was asked to expand a bit more about the dangers of bateria and how those preparing our food when we eat out have a legal obligation to keep our food safe from contamination. I highlighted the huge increase in take away food and the associated rise in the rodent popluation and showed a short film outlining the most common food errors. By the number of questions and observations at the end it was clear that everyone agreed food safety is in all our interests recognising that we all eat food at some time that someone else has prepared for us.'
This is the Institute of Advanced Motorists. Where do you have to go to hear about driving skills? Poppins Takeaway in Lincoln?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home