A Slow Meander Through Life

Monday, December 19, 2005

What's That You Said?

Reading the news on the BBC, I came upon an article about a new service that the RNID are running. You can call 0845 600 5555 for a hearing test (local rates apply) and receive a result as soon as you've finished. They says lots of numbers with a background noise, and you have to type the numbers that you hear into your phone. At the end they tell you if you can hear or not. I'm assuming that if you don't press anything at all then you are classed as profoundly deaf.
Surpisingly, despite constant ringing in my ears from horribly loud night clubs and fantastically great motorbikes, my hearing is fine. Unfortunate then, that when I pulled a girl in a night club some time ago, I couldn't hear her name. After the third attempt she gave up on me and walked off. I blame it entirely on the fact that she had a one syllable name, making it much more difficult to work out what it could be. Any children of mine will have three syllable names as a minimum, in order to arm them better for loud environment encounters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home