A Slow Meander Through Life

Friday, December 02, 2005

Idols

I know it's been a volley of posts in quick succession, but I have a few things to talk about.

I wasn't successful with the interview (try saying that without using the word 'get') and I found myself turning to my old trusted friend, Billy Joel. Driving in the car today the CD marked 'Billy Joel - All' was put in the CD player.

He is, quite simply, my idol. I would sell things, chop limbs off, move mountains to see this man. I would love to sit down and chat to him, but only if he didn't perceive me as some mad crazy fan. I would give almost everything to sit next to him while he played the piano, and even more to make sure that my mother's sister (we're not allowed to use the words aunt and uncle in our family) was there.

I listened mainly to two songs today - Piano Man and Captain Jack. There is something about them that chills me out and helps me regain a perspective in life. Captain Jack is a song that reassures you of the fact that if you're feeling below par, someone is always worse off than you.

Here is the album cover for those songs, released in 1976.

http://hidmatsu.air-nifty.com/interesting/images/pianomanB00000DCH9.jpg

technorati tags: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home