A Slow Meander Through Life

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy 24 Hour Drinking!

We are ten minutes into a very exciting day. The relaxation of our country's licencing laws has commenced. In some bars you may be served all the way up to 11.30pm, or even later! Will it bring the anarchy and chaos the MPs describe? Will our society become full of binge drinking alcoholics? Or will people just go out later, chill out more and enjoy their drinks because they don't have to squeeze loads in before 11pm? I am hoping that my favourite pub, the Queen in the West, has extended the times there. All I ask for is an extra hour so that on a Friday, after a hard days work, I can relax in the company of my friends and enjoy a pint or two. Sounds wonderful.

technorati tags: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I think it is most befitting George Best made it at least this far.

    By Blogger Huw, at 11:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home