A Slow Meander Through Life

Friday, October 21, 2005

Stuff Happens - at last!

Alright, alright, I haven't written anything for ages, which makes me a completely half hearted blogger. I shan't apologise, I'll just continue!

I've just had a quick look at what I wrote last time, and the bar idea is on the back burner, but this is good because the reason is that work is going well indeed. I became pro active and sent out a mail shot to a load of companies, and one came back very interested indeed. As a consequence I visited Exeter on Wednesday (which was very pleasant), and to make it even better I visited my cousin in Taunton who I haven't seen for literally years. It was great to see her and her family again, and if the work takes off in Exeter, I'll see her a little more often.

The 'female' front is interesting (and I saw that with a slight smile of contentment). I've been looking very hard recently, trying to find a lady. I'm a believer that you don't need to look for this kind of thing, it just comes along, but it had been so long that I decided a little bit of looking couldn't hurt.
Last Saturday I went on a blind date with a girl in Lincoln, and it was ok, but there was no spark. That's a shame - we'd met online and chatted a couple of times, and all seemed good. I guess you can't tell what someone is like from what they type (pretty obvious really).
However, last week I stayed in a Travel Inn on the M6 Toll Road (not quite the Ritz...) while I was doing some work for my dad. The Travel Inn was pretty grim, but the receptionist who checked me in was just lovely. I can't really find the words, so I won't bother, but we chatted and did the whole 'chatty chatty flirty flirty' thing (that is my own expression).
Anyway, when I checked out I filled in the comments card berating the fact that the smoking rooms downstairs are before the no smoking rooms: when you wake up in the morning you have to walk through the smelly bit and it just seems odd. The last section on the comments card was asking about a member of staff who has been particularly helpful, so I mentioned this girl Clare and basically said she was the nicest person in the world!
I thought little of this until Sunday night when I was checking my emails, and there was one there on my work email from someone I didn't know. About to delete it as junk, I read enough to realise that it was from the girl at the Travel Inn!!! Now, this is a little naughty because she nicked my email address, but I don't care: I've spoken to her since and we're meeting up on Monday, and I can't wait to be honest. I'm not one to become carried away (not anymore, anyway), but there is definately 'something' there: a spark, a something.
So we shall see, and I shall tell more on Monday.

Happy Days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home