A Slow Meander Through Life

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Nice Try

I went out last night with the plan of not drinking. It didn't work. We went to a party in Rasen which was ok until I began chatting with one of the old support assistants from the school where I used to work. She was pissed and talking crap, and decided to let me know that my old head of departement believes that his wife is having an affair... with me.

The guy is off work ill at the moment, and not because he's hurt his leg or something, and he is also one of only two people in the world who I call my 'boss'. He was an excellent head of department and leader of our team, and he really inspired me to do well in my job. His understanding of the line between his role and our friendship was simply perfect, and it hurts me so much to think that someone would say this. I don't know if it's true that he does believe it, but the fact that the rumour is doing the rounds is horrible. The problem as well is that it isn't an easy subject to broach, and I don't think that I would. I wouldn't guess that he has a problem with me, and to be honest if he believed this then he would simply beat the crap out of me, so I guess it's just an unpleasant rumour that I'll have to ignore.

Never live or work in a small town!

1 Comments:

  • whoa! so many posts!! glad to see that you are blogging regularly nowadays.

    i can so relate to your predicament. being the subject of gossip is such a pain. it hurts because we know it's not true, and it's infuriating because we can't do anything about it.

    i agree, just ignore it. let it slide. concentrate on other more meaningful stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home