A Slow Meander Through Life

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Golf Season Begins

I'm not much of a golf player, but I played my first 9 holes of the year yesterday. There's a small course in the middle of Market Rasen racecourse which is good to go around. It's a par 34 (I think) and I did it in 59. I've a little more practice to do yet, but near the end I was getting much better. I just slowed things down and didn't go for the distance shot. I even parred the 8th which was a great feeling.

My lack of religion was the spark that started this blog, and I haven't really talked about it at all. Now that I've started the blog, I'm not sure that I'm going to write about it that much. It's an odd sensation - I have moments when I am overwhelmed by life and what it means. I have become very conscious recently about the world that we live in and how it is falling apart rapidly. I want to make a difference but I'm not sure how. I believe that going to church on a Sunday morning is not the answer, and I'm concerned that too many people have faith in God and don't realise that it isn't God that can save us, but ourselves. I have my feelings about religion, but I'll talk about them some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home