A Slow Meander Through Life

Monday, April 25, 2005

An Amazing Weekend

I have experienced, quite possibly, one of the most entertaining weekends in a long time. I mentioned previously about my inability to last an entire night. Well, fear not: Saturday night was a huge success.

We started at 6pm, had some food at Tequilas (a Mexican place which I have wanted to eat at for ages - unfortunately it was a bit disappointing) and then headed down the hill into town, stopping at the Lion and Snake, discovering that The Straits is no longer there (horror!), and then going into Dogma. From there we headed round to the Falcon for fun on the quiz machine and all the women that are there. After a quick drink in the Attic, we headed to Walkabout to really kick off the night.
After Walkabout it was Lloyds, and then onto Scream at about half midnight to finish the evening. We only just got in! The bouncer is a complete jobsworth and tried to knock us back because we weren't students. Luckily, he had just let our two friends in who aren't either, so I was able to point this out to him. Then he said he had seen us 'larking around' on the Brayford when we hadn't done anything! I was about to lose my temper when something inside me kicked in and said 'calm down, reason with the man'. So I did, and after some fantastic work from myself, we (and everybody else in the queue) were allowed in. The place wasn't full and we weren't being a problem, so I have no idea why he decided that he was going to be a total arse.
Once in Scream, we just danced and danced and danced. I saw Dominique Cortez, an ex-student of mine who looked fantastic, and I must confess to spending far too much time trying to track her down again!

Well we drank and drank and danced and danced and I had such a good time. To make the weekend even better, on Sunday afternoon we all had a kickabout on the common, and Gary bought a massive goal for us to use! Fantastic!

Back to reality today though, with lots of job hunting and a play with a couple of websites that I'm working on.

Oh, and a trip to Sainsburys to buy fish...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home